After updating to Windoows 10, the PC's configuration has…

After updating to Windoows...

After updating to Windoows 10, the PC's configuration has changed and a bit recovery key is required to fix problem. Additionally I am told that a ***** ***** from Mass. Is now camped on my server with access to my files.

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

I updated from Windows 8 to 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

The update was about 6 weeks ago and I haven't been able to use the PC since

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I have been told by the tech who has been calling(as a Microsoft rep) that they'd can fix the prob for 200.00 since I am a senior citizen. Is that a true Microsoft rep. How is ***** ***** on my server with access to my files and what do you intend to do about it?

3/23/2018
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue. Please ignore the computer generated Premium services offers, they are not from me!

You are being scammed.... Microsoft or anyone else will not cold call you for ANY reason

Scammers do this all the time and I have to fix this about 10 times a day

Please ignore all communications from this caller and I would suggest you let me remote into your computer and block there access

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will there be a charge for your fix?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The 39.00 fix is authorized. What now?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HELLO???
Sorry I was on dinner break. Please give me a few mins to open a session for you and I will send you details on how to connect
Michael T

Please click HERE and open the downloaded file to connect with me

I will be waiting in session for you

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can’t open invalid address

Please try again.... It may be blocking us so i will need to give instructions if you cannot connect

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can’t open. I’m on cell phone not pc

Cell phone will not work... You need to be on the effected computer that I need to work on

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m receiving text msgs from you. How will that work?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The computer is on and asking for a bit recovery key and the powers off after about 2 minutes

Ok so you have no ability to operate it at all?

This is very serious and your virus has completely hijacked your computer

These people have locked you out and yes they have the ability to unlock it but do not pay.

You have a form of ransomware...

You will need to wipe your system and start again to fix this as there is nothing you can do when it has been taken over like this.......

Now, having said that.... You can turn off the internet to your computer which stops there ability to control it and then see if you have any function left

If you are able to hold shift key and select restart at the same time then release

this will get you into safe mode where you will have 50% chance of recovery

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No such luck. What now?

Turn off the computer and take it to a repair shop

OR

Buy a new hard drive and a copy of windows 10 full version...

Unless you pay them your locked out and i will stay locked out

You need hands on help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is this 39.00 worth?

I will ensure you get your refund for the remote session only.

My time is worth triple that in this profession...

$39 is basically free on the scale of things....

I charge people $150 at my shop for consultations..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good for you...but it ain’t fixed.
Thanks for your help.

Your welcome.... You will likely be looking at a complete reinstall of windows 10

This may not be cheap but it will be cheaper than the $200 they are trying to blackmail you out of

Most times they will take your money and leave the infection on there so they can do it again and again

Michael T
Michael T
Michael T