My headset is no longer registering as plugged in with my…

My headset is no...

My headset is no longer registering as plugged in with my computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Windows 10 the big version

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

I just replaced them and I don’t think it’s the headset when I go into my sound set up it says they aren’t plugged in and also my Logitech program isn’t recognizing it

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Nothing other than tried to get it to see my headphones

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t know a lot about computers

3/23/2018
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

What is the make and model of your headset?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Logitech g 933

Are you connecting the headset to your computer wirelessly or with a cable?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I already paid 33 dollars why do I have to pay more for you to remotely look into my computer I don’t know much about them and you could probably fix it faster than me trying to explain it

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Cable it worked fine until
Last night then it stopped recognizing it and it won’t let me download firmware for my headset either
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I replaced the headset with a brand new one an hour ago and it won’t recognize that one either

Okay, what is the make and model of your computer?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
It’s custom built

Are there multiple AUX ports on the machine?
Try plugging the headset into the green AUX port

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
What

Can you try to connect the headphones wirelessly?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok I found a place to plug it in it works but why isn’t the USB ports working the work for my Logitech mouse

It may just be the port.

It is possible that the headset will only work on a USB 3.0 port and the one you tried to plug into is a USB 2.0 port

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I tried both they worked last night on both usb 2 and 3 ports

Sometimes when you plug the same device into multiple ports, it messes up the driver for the device.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I didn’t check the other ports until after it stopped working

Hmm, that is very odd.

It's working now, correct?

It could be the cable that is going bad. It may be worth it to purchase a new cable.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Well it’s working but I have this whine and I would like to get it back to works fb with my USB ports

Well we can try unplugging the headset, uninstalling the drivers, then plugging it back into the port you want it in.

Would you like to try?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.
If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok I will try and uninstall the drivers how do I do that

To uninstall a device by using Device Manager, follow these steps:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.

4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok I have done that now what

Plug the headset back into the port you would like to use and test the headset.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok hold
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok my Pc is restarting

Okay, let me know what happens!

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I will it might take some time though whe this thing restarts after issues it always take a long sometimes 40 mins

Okay, sounds good.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I will let you know when it comes back online

Awesome, thank you.

Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer