I am unable to open my kindle, it goes to the page that

I am unable to...

I am unable to open my kindle, it goes to the page that displays pens, blocks, etc and will go no farther.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Last night

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes, tried that several times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, after I finished the last book I couldn’t open it, said my password ***** incorrect. Same one I always used.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

No results, stopped in the same place

Did the screen turn off when you did the instructions?

it turned off but went no further to open than before

When it started, did you see a loading bar and a person under a tree?

Saw person under tree, that flashed about three times, no loading bar.

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

The warranty expired in December. Not worth the price of repair. Will go back to reading books, never try a kindle again.

I am sorry about this, I can only tel you the reality of the situation, I kindle ask your rating of me is of my service to you and not that of Amazon please

And if you need anything else, please let me know

Your service was good, problem is amazon. Thanks

I understand, can you please provide me a Good rating via the stars at the top then submit?

Thank you

Richard, Computer Specialist