I have purchased a Acer Aspire. I have created a pin number,

Customer Question
I have purchased a...

I have purchased a Acer Aspire. I have created a pin number , but when trying to get into my laptop all it will do is register the first two numbers of my pin and then it says incorrect number . Can you help me

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Aspire?

WHAT do you mean (os) ?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Aspire? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes it was updating for a couple of hours yesterday but now when I try to get into my laptop I t will only register the first two numbers

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't get into my laptop to find out

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/23/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me when this problem started please?

Thank you

I only received it yesterday , so I had to go through all the updates and then the rebooting , so today is the first try out

ok, it looks like the wrong pin was set but In this situation you have to reinstall windows, there is no way to get around this. It will remove all your data and return the computer to new, but you cannot avoid this, it is the whole point of the security.

To do this, hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and with it held down, click on the power icon on the screen then restart.

Keep shift held down until it has restarted and your at a menu.

Choose from this menu, Troubleshoot, then Reset My PC.

You will have to choose to remove all your files for this to work.

Let this complete and once it has, you will need to setup your computer again just like when you first received it.

Let me know please how you go.