I received a call saying that it was Microsoft telling me…

I received a call...

I received a call saying that it was Microsoft telling me that the licence for support had exsspired and my Microsoft would be turn off. Does Microsoft Corp put out calls like that to thier customers?

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have Windows 7 Professional. I don't know what the(OSj)is.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

First call was two weeks ago second call was yesterday. I am checking with Microsoft to see if it is a scamor not. But I have been having trouble with my e-mail (Outlook). it keeps stoppong and sending a message that it has to runn a long script and will not do any command for at least 30 seconds.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is all.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.

Microsoft will never ever call you. That person who called you is a definite scammer.
That is a very common scam that the scammer criminals use. These people will call you, masquerading as Microsoft Techs, HP techs, or some other type of techs. They will then do their best to make you believe that you require their help in the way of remote support, customer support, software support, or something of the like. In the end, if you fall for it, you will be out hundreds of dollars.
If you gave the scammer any banking information, please contact your bank as soon as possible and report the scam so that they can block the payment to them. Also, you may wish to consider contacting your local authorities and reporting this crime, if any payment was made.
Microsoft will confirm that it is a scam. On the following page, they have listed different descriptions of similar scams: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/support-scams

Please, let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible. I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.

Waiting for your reply.

UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator