Have not used my laptop for a couple of years and now,

Customer Question
Have not used my...

Have not used my laptop for a couple of years and now

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Havn’t used My laptop for a couple of years and can,t login. I have a different email address.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

No. My other laptop is being replaced. This is my backup. It asks for me to sign in, but will not accept any password.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

How do I change my email to sign in

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/22/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me what version of Windows is on the laptop?

If it is Windows 10, when you start the laptop and arrive at the login screen you will see 3 icons in the lower

right corner of the screen.

Network/Wi-Fi>>>Ease of Access>>>Power

Is your laptop Windows 10?

it is windows 10

Thank you. If you can't reset the password ***** the email address is no longer valid

you can reset the laptop and start fresh.

While looking at the login screen (but don't log in), hold and keep down, the left Shift key.

Click the Power icon in the lower right corner of the screen (far right) and select Restart.

Release the Shift key when the Choose an Option screen appears.

click Troubleshoot

click Reset this PC

click Remove Everything

click Just Remove Files

(install to the drive where Windows is installed, if asked)

Once Windows has been reloaded
(it takes an hour or so)
you'll create a new user account and have access to the machine again.

Let me know the result please.

Tried what you said; however, I still can't get my mail or any other programs. I may just take it to a computer store.

Thank you. If you've reset the laptop and you're now able to get logged in, what programs need to be re-installed?

I still can't log in

Do you mean log in to email or log in to the laptop?