I have a Inspiron 15 7000 Series laptop. I have been

Customer Question
I have a Inspiron...

I have a Inspiron 15 7000 Series laptop. I have been experiencing an issue when I turn on the computer, the screen reaches the Windows screen, but when I click anything to do anything the screen goes dark and stays that way. Rebooting results in the same thing. I have had it into the Geek Squad at Best Buy 4 times, but the issue seems to be only temporarily resolved. It comes back. Right now, I am using another person's computer just to contact your site.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

No. I would need to have DVD or disk to do this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Geek Squad did a diagnostic and thought that something was running in the background and deleted all temporary files. It ran in the store for them, but when I got home, I got the Windows screen and attempted access Internet for email, and got the black screen. I am at a loss as to what to do.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/22/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try restoring the computer to an earlier date by following the instructions below.

Restart your computer while holding the SHIFT button. Press and hold the power button (while holding the Shift key) till the gets turned OFF, Then, release the power button and press it again to restart the computer. Release the Shit key when it turns ON.

Note : If you do not get the options, restart it again. Press and hold the power button before it boots to Windows. Try it for three times.

The Advanced Startup menu will open on the boot. Go to Troubleshoot.

Then, click or tap Advanced Options.

Now you have access to several system recovery tools. Choose System Restore in order to start it. It should be the first on the list.

Windows takes some time to prepare System Restore. It may even restart your computer or device. When System Restore is ready, you are asked to choose a user account to continue. Select an account that is set as administrator on your Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 computer or device.

You are asked to enter the password ***** that account. Please pay attention to the fact that Windows shows you the keyboard layout it is using. If you need to change it, press “Change keyboard layout” and select another one. When ready, type the password ***** the appropriate field and press Continue.

System Restore is now started and you can use it to revert Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 to a previously working state. Choose an earlier date and follow the instructions.

If the issue persists, we will try Resetting the PC.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>