It shows the date on the opening screen but when I remove…

Customer Question
It shows the date...

It shows the date on the opening screen but when I remove it, it freezes up.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My laptop. I've only hadi a couple months.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

It's a model q5o4UA BI5T26

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Q5O4UA? Have you installed any updates recently?

No. Only what windows has done

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It's a Q504

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Is there not a warranty on this? I've only had this laptop since Jan.
Is the tech specialist still working on this??
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

So you cannot get into the computer at all? and if you click on the startup page with the login fields it just freezes?

I can't get in at all. Yes it freezes. I get the start up picture and that's all
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Do you see the power button icon on the screen?

1/ you may have a virus or 2/ You may have memory module failure which is stopping operations from going further

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

It is most likely a hardware failure on this one.... Generally when this happens a module has come loose or has failed.

If your computer is under warranty, take full advantage of it now....

Without being able to get passed the login screen I wont be able to login to it

I am certain this is hardware related...

what do I do now??
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Where did you buy it from?

Best Buy
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Ok first start off by calling the store and tell them you think you have hardware failure on one of the memory modules

Ask them if you can bring it in for them to look at it and tell them this is unacceptable for a 2 month old laptop

Ok Thank you. Are you charging me for this??
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Yes, This is not free tech support unfortunately...

How much??
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

I dont know what you agreed to when you opened the question but it looks like a $40 value on my end

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

The issue wasnt solvable so I can submit to customer service for a refund no problem at all

Please advise, I want you to be happy with this service and not leave thinking you got nothing from this

You didn't do anything bu tell me to call Best Buy. It said if I wasn't satisfied they wouldn't charge me.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Thank you.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Welcome, I will submit it now for you