Need to reset my pin on the kindle fire. Four years ago

Customer Question
Need to reset my...

Need to reset my pin on the kindle fire

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your Kindle Fire?

Four years ago maybe

Technician's Assistant: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?

I'm not sure its been a long while

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/22/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

May I know the exact model of your Kindle?

May I know if this is your kindle fire lock screen password ***** you want to change?

its a kindle fire HD 8 its been awhile
thats all i know

Okay,So in order to change the PIN on your kindle fire please follow the below steps:

1. On the lock screen, swipe from the right side edge of the screen.
  2. Enter an incorrect password ***** PIN (at least characters in length) five times. You will be prompted to reset your device or wait 30 seconds to try again.
  3. Tap Reset to reset your device to factory defaults.

Important: Resetting your Kindle Fire will remove all content downloaded to it. Any content you purchased from Amazon is saved to your Kindle Library in the Cloud and will remain in the Cloud. You can download that content again if you register your Kindle Fire to your account again.

Please let me know if it works for you.

this is my kindle fire
I thought you were going into my kindle to fix the problem

I am sorry but I can not take the remote access on kindle.

Please try to follow the the below steps in order to change the PIN on your kindle fire:

On the lock screen, swipe from the right side edge of the screen.Enter an incorrect password ***** PIN (at least characters in length) five times. You will be prompted to reset your device or wait 30 seconds to try again.Tap Reset to reset your device to factory defaults. Important: Resetting your Kindle Fire will remove all content downloaded to it. Any content you purchased from Amazon is saved to your Kindle Library in the Cloud and will remain in the Cloud. You can download that content again if you register your Kindle Fire to your account again.Please let me know if it works for you.
no refund the amount
cancel the online help , unable to help me

I am a user of the site just like you and cannot help you with site-related issues. You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support and can check regarding cancelling the account.