Was having a problem seeing Arlo images....called support…

Was having a problem...

Was having a problem seeing Arlo images....called support and they (after 30 minutes) said I am not receiving any updates for any of my apps, my INTRANET was corrupted, asked for 150$ to have their tech support fixit for me.....yikes! whats happening? 2038 error notifications under "administrative events" HELP?!

Technician's Assistant: Is your Arlo connected to anything?

Its connected to out internet NetGear....it base station is netgear and they sadi it was working fine

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your NETGEAR system?

He ran all the programs...I was lost after the first 15 minutes (or less) so I didn't know what to do...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

Do you have enough info to help me.... he said something about reinstalling ....um...that's all I know...he went into my pc...big black screen came up anf for 15 minutes it just listed....um...im not sure (I'm old and not tech savy) I said no thank you and he said you could not help me but I just wanted to get rid of him,,,yikes!

3/22/2018
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. It sounds like you called a tech support scam person. These phone numbers are all over the internet. They scare you by showing non savvy users perfectly normal things and lie to you and say they are viruses and hackers. Did you pay this person money?

No sir......with help from a techie was able to fix it (so far so good).....this individual was obviously not American...my bells went off and after him roaming around in my pc (yargh! stupid!!!!!) I ended the session.....I am sorry I didn't get back to you.....I haven't had good experience with this type of communication so didn't really expect response. Thank you for acknowledging.....

You are very welcome. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist