I have Lenovo laptop with win10 preloaded. The hard drive is…

I have Lenovo laptop...

I have Lenovo laptop with win10 preloaded. The hard drive is bad and I have an exact replacement HD. The replacement is blank and is not recognized by the boot mgr. How to I get an installation disc or get the hard drive to get recognized. The original laptop config and HD still work but often freeze up during loading. An IT diagnosed it and identified damaged disc in HD.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

No, can I do that and if so how

3/22/2018
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Hard drives need to be prepared usually by using a Windows install disc. Do you have that?

No
How can you do that If the PC with the new HD won't boot?

Please disregard the Premium Service popup. That is auto-generated.

I don't have the PC here its at the IT Dept. Second if it does't boot with the new HD explain how u will connect

Go to this LINK and follow the directions under the Create Windows 10 Installation heading to create an install disc.

Again, the remote connection popup is an automated message so please disregard it.

What about the Lenovo drivers? I did run a backup on an external he. It won't load because the pc doesn't boot

The Windows install disc will install the majority of the drivers you need to get up and running. Once you are that far, you can go to the Lenovo web site and download whatever you need.

If the boot me doesn't see the new he will either a disc or usb load

Provided you are using the same type of drive and no changes need to be made in the BIOS, the install disc should locate the drive and walk you through the installation.

Ok will try it thx

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Dan, Computer Support Specialist