Received order report by e-mail from PayPal (I suspect

Received order report by...

Received order report by e-mail from PayPal (I suspect spoofing) that my account was used to purchase items from ASOS.com. Transaction number given O-8NL872472C875405U I do not wish to contact any of the links on the email, because of security risks. Especially when sender of e-mail has the address***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update PayPal?

Perhaps one year ago. The password ***** used, or the name is ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I am afraid I am being spoofed or scammed. My account name should be my e-mail:***@******.***

The $5.00 Visa payment is from a Visa Gift card. There is at least $5.00 on the card.
3/22/2018
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Keep in mind that we are not a free service and require payment for our work, which is guaranteed. If you do not wish to pay for our assistance - please let me know now.
You may see some automatic pop-up with offers for Membership or Remote Assistance, please ignore or close them if you do not want it. I have no control over those offers.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

The email is most likely is a spoof.

You should try to login to your PayPal account and check if there any recent transactions there first. Then you will know for sure.

Let me know if you have additional question before rating.

I tried to check my PayPal account, but was not able to sign in to what I thought was my password (had it written down). Now I am somewhat paranoid with any communications with PayPal. I have received three notifications of charges over the past months, and have ignored them. If they are getting some money from me, I don't know where it's coming from. I have checked statements. My latest charge, supposedly from ASOS.com was for $463.34, so I am concerned. One before that was $220. I guess I could just cancel PayPal???

You can just reset password ***** check PayPal first.

you should also call the bank and inquire about the charge as well.

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.

Tried to reset PayPal account. I will reboot. PayPal says they don’t have an account associated with my email address

if that is true about your account with PayPal, then email is definitely a "phishing mail", you can just delete it.

But if on your bank statements you see purchases you didn't make - contact your bank.

THree times I have received these messages. It giives me more assurance that I am being spoofed. I don’t want to encourage whoever is spoofing me.

Then just mark messages as Spam and delete them. that is all that can be done from your end about it.

UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator