It's not my computer. It's my ASUS tablet. Instead of

It's not my computer...

It's not my computer. It's my ASUS tablet. Instead of creating a new account to place parental controls on it, I now somehow have the entire tablet in kids mode and cannot figure out how to get out of it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Asus tablet?

I have it so locked up, I cannot get to that information unless I just don't know how to locate it. I feel so stupid...........71 years old and I do this.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Asus tablet?

I've tuned it off and back on twice. Once I followed the online instructions for a samsung by holding down the volume button to open in safe mode.....but my home page is still the kids page and only the apps I included there

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I just need to know how to get rid of the kids mode. My original reason was to block some websites from myself and this is what I get

3/22/2018
Sergil Cave
Sergil Cave, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I have been assigned to your case. Please follow the steps below and let me know how it goes:

• Power Down
  • Turn on phone normally
  • Hold volume down while phone boots
  • Unlock phone
  • Select "TouchWiz Home"
  • Open App Drawer
  • Find "Kids Mode" icon
  • Touch and hold icon
  • Drag to uninstall
  • Reboot phone to exit safemode

I know that this isnt a phone but the same steps apply

I have tried several times, holding down the entire volume button. Mostly, I still get a home page that is the kids mode with no way to visit settings. Two times ago, I got a black screen with tiny options ot 1) recovery 2) fast reboot 3) normal reboot. Not knowing what to choose, I chose normal and got the kids mode home screen again. This last time I tried, I held the volume button in "lower volume" position and now I have a black screen with two blue bars all across the top and on the left upper corner I have 9 lines of Chinese characters.
No, I've already been charged $47 when I was told it would be only $5. I cannot afford another $39

That wasn't me that was the system automatically asking you, you can go ahead and deny it for now. Could you go back to that black screen and this time can you click on recovery?

Will recovery wipe my files from my tablet?

No recovery should give you more options.

ok im back to the black screen with "select boot mode"
Options are Recovery, Fastboot, Normal. You want me to select recovery, right? I know that sounds redundant but I've learned the hard way to double check when I can't undo something
Ok, I clicked on recovery
It is taking forever to boot
OK, I have the WELCOME page.....now what? I have the option of 'next' in lower right but there could be a settings icon in upper right

Sorry for not responding, I had trouble with the chat function on here. You have to click on the 'next' option

Since you were not able to do anything in Safe Mode you have to go through Recovery mode.

ok, I did...selected the keyboard....am now at point of selecting wifi.....can I skip that for the moment as it's asking for the password ***** i'll have to look it up

Yes go ahead and skip that

oops.... next lets me know I have to get the code

Could you elaborate? What do you mean by code?

I meant my very long wifi code.........had to connect to restore Google stuff. Now my option is to 'keep your apps & data"...I choose that, right? instead of set up as new

Yes choose "Keep your apps & data"

ok, I've connected with Google and have that connection made. Ive selected to restore all previous apps

Okay good, let me know the final results and hopefully this takes you out of kids mode.

Im working my way through the questions............It'ss completing setup now.........OH how I hope I'm back to where I want to be!

You should be good but we will see.

Well, I have a home screen finally.... It is still installing apps............but most importantly KIDS MODE IS NOT ON!
I think I can handle the rest, Sergil. I REALLY appreciate your patience with me today!

Thats awesome and I am glad that you are out of Kids Mode. You are very welcome and I hope that you have a good rest of the day!

Sergil Cave
Sergil Cave, Computer Hardware Engineer
the same to you!