Our old Acer gives us the message that we have a hard disk…

Our old Acer gives...

Our old Acer gives us the message that we have a hard disk error, Disk name: ST31000528AS Volume :C:

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

ACER ATI, Windows 7, Home Premium,64-bit, Intel Core i5, processor 650, AM5811-E1512. Hoping that this will tell you what you n to know.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

I bought a hard drive backup and backed everything up. I only know that the computer has a problem with deleting right now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Maybe only that I think that I have way too much information on the computer right now.

3/22/2018
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Keep in mind that we are not a free service and require payment for our work, which is guaranteed. If you do not wish to pay for our assistance - please let me know now.
You may see some automatic pop-up with offers for Membership or Remote Assistance, please ignore or close them if you do not want it. I have no control over those offers.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

How old is the computer and what is its serial number?

It could be 7 years old. I wonder if serial # is AM5811-E1512?

ok, so what do you want to do at this point? do you need a link to a new drive online?

UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

ok, so what do you want to do at this point? do you need a link to a new drive online? Or do you want me to remote into your PC and open link to the store online for you?

please, if you can fix it for $52 I will be grateful.

Hard drives cannot be fixed. they need to be replaced. I can only give you link online where you can buy one

Sorry, we may need to buy a new computer instead. I assume you will only charge the $5 then. Thank you!

If you know how to replace hard drive and reinstall everything - then best way to buy hard drive online

. if not, then its best to bring to local PC shop and they can replace it there for you. i can provide address for a local PC shop if you provide me with your city and index

No thank you, ***** ***** take care of things myself. Thank you!

sure, good luck

I talked to PC MasterCard. I agreed to pay you $52 for the Secure Remote Assistance, which never happened, why I will not pay $52. Thank you, Anna

Talk to our customer service. You do not need to pay for Remote Assistance since it was never done or needed.

their number:(###) ###-####/p>

Good luck

Thank you Serge! I talked to customer Service , and they will refund the money, which should not have been charged in the first place.