I have a hp laptop forgot password lets me know in the hint…

I have a hp...

I have a hp laptop forgot password ***** me know in the hint section that its my middle name

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?

Model dv6 1355dx

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your DV6? Have you installed any updates recently?

Truth just got it out the pawn shop been in there a minute just foegot password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

How to to reseset password

3/22/2018
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean you are not able to log in your HP laptop nor open any program in it?

Does your HP laptop have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?
Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

not able yes my users name is ***** ***** screen no email address

Thank you. Does your HP laptop have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

7
are you there

Yes, I'm here. Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want? Thank you.

1. Shut down your HP computer.
  2. Turn it back on, then right away, keep pressing & releasing the key F11 quickly and repeatedly on the computer's keyboard until a menu appears.
  3. Select option Recovery Manager. Then select option System Recovery.
  4. Then select option to back up files first and continue. (Or no backup if you don't need any data / files in it.)

Please let me know. Thank you.

I have recovery screen
I have a microsoft system restore and system recovery
its scanning

Please select option System recovery and continue, thanks.

creating backup

OK, that's good, thanks.

copying files to restore hard drive

OK, thanks.

Estimated time 14 minutes left

All right, thanks.

that process has completed recovery installation is ready to start
software being installed

It's getting there, thanks.

setup is preparing computer first use
welcome window

OK, should be almost done, thanks.

logging off shutting down restarting

Alright, thanks.

back to software being installed

It will reinstall all the software, thanks.

this is taking awhile

Sorry, yes, it could take about an hour more, thanks.

finished recovery complete
restarting

OK, continue the on-screen setup instructions when prompted, thanks.

preparing desktop
welcome to new home computer

Working now?

done

That's it. Thank you for your patience.

ok thankyou

You're welcome.