Everytime I try to open a new document it sends me a message…

Customer Question
Everytime I try to...

Everytime I try to open a new document it sends me a message saying "we couldn't register this document. you wont be able to create links from other documents to this one Not sure what the problem is but I need it fixed. I am in college and Microsoft word is where the majority of my work is done

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

I'm not sure. How can I tell? I can give you my account email and password ***** that will be easier.

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Word?

Just tried to open a new document to start from scratch a few minutes ago to start writing a paper and this morning I tried to open a document I saved yesterday to add to it and the bar at the top with all the options comes up but nothing on the white part of the paper does. Its just blank

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing in particular. Thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/22/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 3 months ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. I’m reviewing your question and will be right back.

I have seen this issue before, I would suggest to change the file name and also please try to shorten the file name path. To shorten the file name path try the following:

• Rename the file so that it has a shorter name.
  • Rename one or more folders that contain the file so that they have shorter names.
  • Move the file to a folder that has a shorter path name. - Try moving it to the desktop.

Hope this resolves the issue, kindly update me with the result.

Thanks

Thank you for allowing me to help you with your word error concern. I want nothing more than you to be 100% satisfied with my assistance. If you need additional information please use the reply box below to let me know. If you are all set and happy with my assistance, please remember to use the stars above, you can give me a 5 star rating :) to rate my assistance so we can close this question out. Thanks