I have an ibm think pad I haven’t used in years. I forgot my…

Customer Question
I have an ibm...

I have an ibm think pad I haven’t used in years. I forgot my password ***** can’t log on.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

It is a laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Not sure the product id is 2378R4U

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

I only did the system set ups haven’t been able to do anything else because I have no ide what my password ***** ***** log on

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/22/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 4 months ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

Is this laptop running Windows? possibly Windows 7

Do you have the password ***** disk you created for this laptop?

If not, there are slim chances however, I will try my best to help you out. Lets try the below steps:

On Windows, there is a hidden account named Administrator. Most of the time, this account has no password *****

That means that you can start your computer with this account, open the Control Panel to delete or change the password ***** any users and fix your problem.

To do this requires a few simple steps:

• Boot your computer and immediately press on the F8 key repeatedly until your computer displays the boot menu.

• With the arrow keys, choose Safe Mode and press the Enter key.

• On the home screen click on Administrator.

• If you have no home screen, type Administrator and leave the password ***** as blank.

• Click on the Start menu in the bottom left corner, go in the Control Panel, then in User Accounts and there you can change any user passwords by right clicking and choosing reset password.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with your account login concern. I want nothing more than you to be 100% satisfied with my assistance. If you need additional information please use the reply box below to let me know. If you are all set and happy with my assistance, please remember to use the stars above, you can give me a 5 star rating :) to rate my assistance so we can close this question out. Thanks