If I have a skype number why do I need to buy credit to make…

Customer Question
If I have a...

If I have a skype number why do I need to buy credit to make and receive calls?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

NOT SURE, THIS is my first time using it on my laptop. on my phone it works fine

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

I have made calls on my phone, and it works. Buy how do I make the same calls on my laptop?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/21/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

You can make skype to skype calls free, people calling you on your number and you picking up on Skype is also free. For calls to mobile and landlines Skype charges a monthly fee that you can view here: https://secure.skype.com/calling-rates?language=en#