Well I got a virus warning on my screen that locked up my…

Customer Question
Well I got a...

Well I got a virus warning on my screen that locked up my computer. This has occasionally happened before and I usually shut the unit down, restart and I am usually in business. Not this time. The screen with the warning was still there. Like I have done over the years I then went to "restore to an earlier time". That process went on for 2 hours with no end in sight. I shut the computer down and started it up again. I got the power light on and the light next to it flickered for 3 seconds and went out leaving me with just the power light on and the unit is quiet with no activity at all. The monitor is dark. Sounds like I fried the hard drive? Looking for advice as I can't do anything with it now.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Bob

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

Lenovo, Machine Type 90BG003LUS, Serial #R3024V53, Windows 10

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/21/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Power OFF the computer. Power ON after 30 seconds. When you see the Windows Loading screen, power it OFF. Repeat this Three times. Fourth time when you start the system it will start Automatic Repair. Let the system complete the repair. Check and let me know the result.

I TRIED IT BUT AS I SAID IN mY DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM I GET NOTHING ON THE SCREEN WHICH IS DARK.
no I DO NOT WANT YOU TO CONNECT AND PAY THE $39. iS THIS THE END OF YOUR ASSISTANCE?
cAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF WE ARE DONE AND WHAT THIS SESSION WILL COST ME?

Please ignore the Remote Support prompts. It's an automated message and in your case Remote Support will not work. Do you have the Windows Installation Disk with you?

I WOULD LIKE TO CLOSE THIS SESSION IF THERE IS NOTHING MORE THAT YOU CAN PROVIDE. cAN YOU PLEASE RESPOND AND ADVBISE WHAT I WILL BE BILLED FOR THIS DISCUSSION?
NO There was no Windows installation disc with this computer.
I cannot continue this discussion as I have other tasks to attend to and must leave. We need to close this session. What is the cost of this discussion to my credit card?