My laptop keeps powering up to the windows desktop then it…

Customer Question
My laptop keeps powering...

My laptop keeps powering up to the windows desktop then it reboots, powering down on its own, I have restored to factory defaults loaded windows 7 and all security updates. This last for awhile then it does the same thing

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

I do not have a reboot dvd or flash drive

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I purchased the windows 7 professional upgrade but I have had that installed long ago before this stared

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/22/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please the make and model of the laptop?

Please let me know

Thank you

Compaq CQ60-615DX, running windows 7 Professional

Thanks

When it reboots, does it shut down like normal or it goes off instantly?

it turns off instantly, then reboots to the screen where u select startup mode. It runs fine in safe mode

Start it in safe mode

Click Start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.

Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All.

Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services"

Then click Disable All

Click ok, restart and let me know if it then runs correct

I disabled all that you mentioned above and powered it up and down several times, it appears to be working now. should I start enabling items one at a time

yes, until you find the culprit and leave that disabled and it will be ok

And thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

i know its a long shot but any idea on what the culprit may be

No sorry as I have no insight into your computer, but it is not one from Microsoft