When I unplug my power supply (so now running on Battery)

When I unplug my...

When I unplug my power supply (so now running on Battery) the laptop the screen goes black, however if I plug a HDMI monitor it works fine while on battery .... Now if I plug the laptop in everything works fine screen on the laptop and HDMI monitor work fine

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?

Windows 10 home 64 bit

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

No

3/21/2018
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. This is due to your power settings within windows. They can be adjusted for both battery and when your plugged in so I would start there and create a power plan that best suits your needs. I will explain...

1. At the desktop, click the Search the web and Windows box and type "sleep".
  2. Select Power and Sleep settings, then select Additional power settings at the bottom of the screen.
    The Power Options window appears.
  3. Select Balanced (recommended), Power saver, or select Create a power plan on the left side of the screen.
  4. Customize your plan settings as desired.

My best guess if you have your monitor set to dim or shut off after a certain time on battery but this can be changed in the settings I explained above. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hello Thanks for your quick response ... however that did nothing still doing the same thing

Did you change any settings?

Chris L., Support Specialist