Microsoft requires email and password info to open app. I…

Customer Question
Microsoft requires email and...

Microsoft requires email and password ***** to open app. I use AOL regularly and not the Hotmail info. Anyway, I have forgotten my password ***** my Hotmail account. is there a way to reset this application

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Microsoft account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I believe I do when I first purchased my computer 3 years ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you, ***** ***** that I may be able to enter a new password, and to make sure I write it down somewhere.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/21/2018
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 3 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com , my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Sure, you can restore access to your email account easily if you have set your recovery phone and email address (prior to the login issue) and you still have that phone number or access to the backup email address.
Remember, it is not always possible to recover an account, especially if recovery information is outdated or or not set prior to the issue.
Have you tried yet going via account recovery procedure?
Or would you like me to remote into your computer and work on it with you? (optional extra service)

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.

Thank you for responding back, I was able to reset password ***** Microsoft. Thanks again

ok, great

thank you for using JustAnswer.