I received a phone call saying my license key has expired in…

I received a phone...

I received a phone call saying my license key has expired in my computer for Microsoft and to call a phone number(###) ###-####to pay. Is this true?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Iphone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It was on my landline

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

That is most definitely a scam. Microsoft will never ever call you, ever.

That is a very common scam that the scammer criminals use. These people will call you, masquerading as Microsoft Techs, HP techs, or some other type of techs. They will then do their best to make you believe that you require their help in the way of remote support, customer support, software support, or something of the like. In the end, if you fall for it, you will be out hundreds of dollars.

If you gave the scammer any banking information, please contact your bank as soon as possible and report the scam so that they can block the payment to them. Also, you may wish to consider contacting your local authorities and reporting this crime, if any payment was made.

If you are all set, please, do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page by clicking the Stars and clicking the Submit button. If you wish, I can remotely connect to your computer and verify that all is working correctly too.

Thank you,

***** *****

Jason Jones, Computer Expert
No I didn't fall for it I called you first. Thank you for your help.

You are most welcome. Thank you.

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com