How do you format a SanDisk micro SD card on a computer

running Windows 10. When I...
How do you format a SanDisk micro SD card on a computer running Windows 10. When I right click on the ikon is doesn"t give me a "format" option. My first attempt with this question went to "cameras". I need a computer expert not a camera person.
The file protect switch on the adapter card is towards the pins.
3/21/2018
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please go to the link below and try the third method.

https://www.lifewire.com/format-sd-card-using-windows-4128719

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Windows 10 doesn't use Explorer. This procedure says that right clicking brings up the "format" option. That option doesn't show in Windows 10.

Please try the next method that you see on the page. How To Format Write Protected SD Cards.

Thank you.

None of the procedures work. I must leave my computer for today. Please do more research and get back to me. I'll check your response tomorrow

Please try the instructions in the link below. You can try AOMEI Partition Assistant from the link.

https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/sdxc-format-4125.html

Thank you.

I can't find anything in AOMEI that refers to formatting only erasing and moving partitions.

Have you installed AOMEI partition assistant?

Were you able to find the card on the AOMEI partition assistant?

Thank you.

I'm trying to format this sd drive on a reader in an Epson xp-520 connected to a Lenovo computer. It shows the sd and the storage on it ,but there's no option to format. I'm going to try to format it on a Lenovo Thinkpad.

Please use your computer to connect and format it. Not the printer.

Thank you.

I was able to format the sd on the Lenovo Thinkpad. Not very happy with your trouble shooting technique.

I thought that you were trying to format it using the computer and did not do that. That is why I have given advanced techniques. If you told me that you were using the printer, I should have said to use the computer at first.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you.

You are right. I should have made my hardware configuration clearer.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any issues, please be back.

Thank you.

My desktop doesn't have an sd reader. Apparently the Epson printer reader acts differently than a native reader.

Yes. The printer may support only the reading functions.

Thank you.

Shefin, Computer Support Specialist