My laptop crashed and I cannot recover anything from the…

My laptop crashed and...

My laptop crashed and I cannot recover anything from the harddrive. I got a new computer, but cannot find the disc to download my print driver for my Lexmark Pro715 all in one printer. I have searched on line and downloaded the driver support that was recommended, but it did; not download the driver, it just tried to update existing drivers, and I don't have one. I used to be able to go to Lexmark.com and download drivers, why can I not do this anymore?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your PRO715: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

That is meaningless because I don;t have ANY printer driver software on this new computer, is that not right?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

3/21/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Is your new computer running Windows 10?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I prefer Windows 7 so that is what I am running.

Ok, one moment and I will check into this for you.

Is your Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
64 believe

Please click the link below to go to the page where you can download the drivers. Once downloaded, follow the prompts.

Link: http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=content&id=DR22569&docLocale=en_US&segType=driverSegmentMICROSOFT

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, print driver shows in the downloads, but the printer does not show up in devices. Do I need to install the printer now?

Donwload the driver and run it. If it prompts you to connect the printer, do so at that time. If not, then once it is downloaded and run then connect the printer and browse to where the software installed the driver.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well it appears in devices but will not print the test page.

There are several other drivers I can send you the link to download, but first, let's check for a Windows native driver. Please do the following:

Right click on your printer and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.

Regards,
Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am running troubleshooter, but it just says paper is low.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, I guess you are gone, I still cannot print and I have done everything I was told. It just says no print driver has been downloaded for this device and no print driver is needed. Then it says paper is low and I cannot get another sheet in the tray.
I will try another tech. Thanks

I am here reviewing your reply. Did you try my last suggestion? If so, reply and let me know the results so we can go to the next step.

If so, stand by and I will send you a link to download another driver. Did you confirm that your Windows is 64 bit? You can do this by going to This-PC or Computer and right clicking and going to properties. Before I provide another driver, can you please confirm this?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I had to plug in my computer was dying. I am doing tat now

ok, let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, it is reinstalling the driver and it is taking a lot longer than it did the first time. Maybe it did not completely install
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now it is downloading update

Ok, that sounds promising.

Once that completes, let me know if it worked. If it does not, I have your further instructions ready for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!!

You're welcome. Keep me posted.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will

ok thanks.

Sheri
Sheri, Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It worked! Thank you so much!! I know it took a lot of your time. Thank you so much!!
Sherry

You are very welcome. I am glad it's working. It was my pleasure assisting you. Please feel free to request me in the future if you ever need assistance.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will for sure

Ok, thank you!

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert