Can't remember my user name or password formy microsoft

Customer Question
Can't remember my user...

Can't remember my user name or password ***** microsoft account

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

I have a new HP Pavilion on which I want to reload my Office & Student 2016.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

I had HP Tech Support set me up for use andI am set for automatic updates

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

When my previous computer (an HP Compaq) crashed my data was backed up to the cloud, I want to be able to access those documents

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/21/2018
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 3 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Keep in mind that we are not a free service and require payment for our work, which is guaranteed. If you do not wish to pay for our assistance - please let me know now.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Sure, you can restore access to your email account easily if you have set your recovery phone and email address (prior to the login issue) and you still have that phone number or access to the backup email address.
Remember, it is not always possible to recover an account, especially if recovery information is outdated or or not set prior to the issue.
Have you tried yet going via account recovery procedure?
Or would you like me to remote into your computer and work on it with you? (optional extra service)

I am aware of the $47 charge. And because I no longer have access to the computer I was probably using when this account was created, I don't want to open myself up to a price I may not have the funds to cover once you've done the work/ Hold up.Since I don't know what the "account recovery procedure" it is, can you walk me through that first?

sure, you can follow steps outlined in this article from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17875/microsoft-account-recover

at the bottom of the page you can chat with Microsoft support or email them

what am I to do?

follow link that i sent to see full list of steps to take

I prefer that you remotely connect to my device and troubleshhot for me. Tjhanks.

sure, I accepted your request for Secure Remote Assistance, you will need to download remote connection software and run it so we can connect..
Here are instructions:
Please use link below to start download, then Save, and Open or Run downloaded file, and accept the connection request
LINK --> https://www.898.tv/uranweb

I am waiting for you to connect, so I can work on this directly on your PC, instructions to connect were sent in the last message.

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.

Still need assistance?