UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network and System Administrator, IT Consultant
98676717

Can't remember my user name or password formy microsoft

Customer Question

Can't remember my user name or password ***** microsoft account
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: I have a new HP Pavilion on which I want to reload my Office & Student 2016.
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?
Customer: Windows 10
JA: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I had HP Tech Support set me up for use andI am set for automatic updates
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: When my previous computer (an HP Compaq) crashed my data was backed up to the cloud, I want to be able to access those documents
Category: Computer
Expert:  UranIT replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Keep in mind that we are not a free service and require payment for our work, which is guaranteed. If you do not wish to pay for our assistance - please let me know now.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Expert:  UranIT replied 8 months ago.

Sure, you can restore access to your email account easily if you have set your recovery phone and email address (prior to the login issue) and you still have that phone number or access to the backup email address.
Remember, it is not always possible to recover an account, especially if recovery information is outdated or or not set prior to the issue.
Have you tried yet going via account recovery procedure?
Or would you like me to remote into your computer and work on it with you? (optional extra service)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am aware of the $47 charge. And because I no longer have access to the computer I was probably using when this account was created, I don't want to open myself up to a price I may not have the funds to cover once you've done the work/ Hold up.Since I don't know what the "account recovery procedure" it is, can you walk me through that first?
Expert:  UranIT replied 8 months ago.

sure, you can follow steps outlined in this article from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17875/microsoft-account-recover

at the bottom of the page you can chat with Microsoft support or email them

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what am I to do?
Expert:  UranIT replied 8 months ago.

follow link that i sent to see full list of steps to take

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I prefer that you remotely connect to my device and troubleshhot for me. Tjhanks.
Expert:  UranIT replied 8 months ago.

sure, I accepted your request for Secure Remote Assistance, you will need to download remote connection software and run it so we can connect..
Here are instructions:
Please use link below to start download, then Save, and Open or Run downloaded file, and accept the connection request
LINK --> https://www.898.tv/uranweb

Expert:  UranIT replied 8 months ago.

I am waiting for you to connect, so I can work on this directly on your PC, instructions to connect were sent in the last message.

Expert:  UranIT replied 8 months ago.

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.

Expert:  UranIT replied 8 months ago.

Still need assistance?