I was on a minute ago and clicked out by accident. My

Customer Question
Ok I was...

Ok I was on a minute ago and clicked out by accident. My desktop is in the recycle bin and I can't restore it. It says it originates in one drive but when I try to restore it tells me the folder is open and to close it. New computer and I have trouble with the one drive folders syncing. That problem is solved and now this. The desktop folders and icons disappeared once before but I was able to get them back. This time I am stuck

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

No updates. Just messed with one drive since I had issues

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The desktop icon in recycle says: C: Users Baker One Drive

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

Can we do a remote session so i can fix this for you?

thanks. is it something I can try if you tell me?

I need to connect remotely to troubleshoot and fix the issue causing problem.

no I don't want to do the secure remote. Thanks anyway.

Okay, Please clarify the issue so i can send you troubleshooting steps.

My desktop folders and icons are missing. There is a desktop icon in my recycle bin. When I try to restore it tells me a folder is open and to close it. Here’s what the icon says. Original location: C:\Users\BakerOneDrive

Which Operating system are you running?

WIndows 10
  1. Right Click on your desktop
  2. Go to View
  3. Click Show desktop icons
  4. Let me know if the icons appear
No they don’t
  1. Select Start > Settings > Personalization > Themes > Desktop icon settings.
  2. Under Desktop Icons, check the boxes next to the icons you would like to have appear on your desktop.
  3. Select Apply and OK.
  4. Let me know if this resolves the issue.
Ok.

Has the issue been resolved?

No. I am still missing all the folders I had on the desktop. Are you affiliated with Microsoft ?

Are those folders in your recycle bin? No this is justanswer.com.

Just the one that says desktop. No the folders aren’t in the recycle bin. That’s the problem.
Thanks for your help. I am going to have to have someone look at the computer here and see if they can fix it.

Okay