My Internet Explorer will not open. As a result, when i

My Internet Explorer will...

My Internet Explorer will not open. As a result, when i click on a link in an email i receive (using Outlook for email) the link will not open.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Internet Explorer?

About 5 weeks ago. I did not write sooner because I went away for a month and did not have time before i left.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

Yes, but I don't recall what it was. I knew as soon as I did it I wished I had not

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. I'm 65 years young so I may not be as up to date on what I should be asking as a younger person might

3/21/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. In order to provide the best possible help, I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them

GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Windows 10
Chase just called me to confirm that I authorized the $39 charge. I confirmed that I did.

Thank you. To get started with our SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE session, where I connect to your computer and fix this while you watch, please click on the link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=afff3a1d-5149-41a1-86b4-5d42bfa72689

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the lower left corner.)

I'll then be connected.

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues. Thank you!

I clicked the link but it would not connect/open
Hello, Alison? If the link you provided doesn't work, I cannot get to the "I agree" tab.

Are you clicking the link from your computer? If so, we may need to restart your computer in safe mode and then try this. Please give me just a moment to type up instrcutions.

I am clicking the link from my computer.

Thank you, ***** ***** the Windows key + R key at the same time. This should bring up the run/open window. Then, type msconfig and press Enter or OK. When the msconfig box appear, please click on the BOOT tab, then check SAFE MODE and NETWORK. Next restart your computer and click on the link again.

You may have some type of virus that is preventing you from opening the link. Restarting in safe mode should allow us to connect so I begin troubleshooting.

Alison, are you there?
I’m worse off now than when I started. What’s happening?

It was a pleasure to speak with you. Now that we have set Google Chrome as your default browser, all links should open in Chrome. Have a great day!