Change my password. My phone. Verizon Verizon Wireless

Customer Question
Change my password Technician's...

Change my password

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My phone

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Verizon Verizon Wireless iPhone for smartphone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Can't get my phone to accept password ***** 3 months

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/21/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thanks for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

Can you let me know if you are having issues with the passcode to unlock your iphone, or are you having trouble with an email account password ***** your iphone?

Thanks,

Jamie

Email does not work
Says email not valid

Ok, thank you for the update. What email provider do you use? (Ex: @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @verizon.net)?

Let me know and I can send you over the steps that are needed to reset the password. I would recommend trying the steps from a PC or MAC computer, as trying them on the phone itself can become difficult

-Jamie

Google

Ok perfect. Go ahead and follow these steps. These will reset the Google mail password. Once this is reset, we will want to delete it from the Iphone, and then re-add it using the new login password.

Follow these steps and let me know if you need any assistance with these. Once you have this finished and you can log into Gmail on your computer, then we can continue with removing, and re-adding to the iphone.

If you get stuck and would like to start a remote session with me we also offer that.
Let me know.

1) Go to this webpage: https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/recoveryidentifier?flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLogin
and enter your email address
2) Click next, and it should ask you to enter the last password ***** remember for your Google account.

3) Continue through these prompts until it shows the password ***** been reset. Remember that password ***** you will need it to setup the iphone.

4) Let me know when you are finished and if it was successful and then I can get you the steps for resetting the iphone side.

-Jamie

Tech Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 3 months ago

Have you had any luck with my steps provided? Would you like further assistance with this?

-Jamie