I am trying to update my windows 10. It seems that I have a…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to update my windows 10. It seems that I have a very old version 15063. I hadn't realiZed it had not updated. Every time I try to update I get the blue screen with error numbers or UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP. iT HAS EVEN GONE AS FAR AS DOWNLOADING BUT WHEN IT IS DUE TO RESTART IT GIVES ME A BLUE SCREEN AND SAYS IT IS REVERTING TO MY OLD VERSION OF WINDOWS. Sorry for all the capital letters. I am 74 years old.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your software?

I don't know. I hadn't realized that automatic updates were not working.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I cannot access the settings button on the start menu.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 3 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?