Got a thing from somewhere that I have to clla n 888 number…

Customer Question
Got a thing from...

Got a thing from somewhere that I have to clla n 888 number that something is draining my computer it is rinniong in the background

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Hp all in one not sure what else

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

What is an os

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

Nothing I did not want to shut down the thing it is telling me I will be they will shut down my system if ig close them down

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
3/21/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. That is a fake popup message. It is a scam, so please do not call that number and do not follow any instruction in it.

Is the Internet still working on your computer?

Can you shut down / restart the compute and see if the popup message still occurs?

Or does the popup message only occur when you open the Internet? etc.?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can not get it to shut down

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I finally got it to shut down

Please turn on the computer and check. If it does not work, please try the following fix:

1. Close all programs if possible.
  2. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for now.
  3. Shut down your computer. Press and hold the Power on / off button on your computer for about 10 seconds, then it should power off.
  4. Turn your computer back on.
  5. Open the Internet program on your computer.
    - It should display connection error or something similar.
  6. Wait a minute.
  7. Close all the Internet pages / tabs / windows.
  8. Re-connect the power cord(s) to your internet modem / router device(s).
  9. Wait a few minutes.
  10. Open the Internet on your computer, and see if prompted to restore, do not restore; just close / cancel it.
  11. See if the popup message is gone now.

Please let me know. Thank you.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.