I just got a phone call saying my computer will shout down…

Customer Question
Hello, I just...

Hello, I just got a phone call saying my computer will shout down from Microsoft. Please help me out

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

How do I find it

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

This is the first time about Microsoft.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I have all kinds of crap with my phone . People call all the time. Sometimes its Student loan =or car warrenty and the list goes on. I hang up

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Tech Support Specialist: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you with this!

These phone calls are NOT legitimate. This is a scam that is going around right now where someone will call you and tell you that you have some kind of problem with your computer and they will pitch you on some kind of support service to fix the problems. The whole thing just a ploy to get money from you.

Sometimes these companies will claim to be Microsoft or Apple or some other well-known company. This is always a lie. These companies do not contact customers directly to offer support.

Furthermore, no one is monitoring your computer for problems. The only way someone could do that would be if you installed specialized software on the machine and explicitly granted them permission to do so.

Many people are receiving these calls right now, so you are not the only one. If you receive calls like this in the future, simply ignore them.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.