I am an older lady,widow. I'm on a limited income. I bought…

Customer Question
I am an older...

I am an older lady,widow. I'm on a limited income. I bought a computer from your company years ago. I need to get another one that I can afford. I want a desk top with a kind of a larger screen. I could probably pay between $300 and $400. Can you help me . By the eway I loved my old computer until it died.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?

I don't have a laptop and don't want one. Afraid I'm pretty dumb when it comes to computers. I* have no idea about (OS)

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your Mac (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

Man ! I don't have a Mac. I'm using a cheapy Gateway from Walmart.You need to direct me the way you would some who doesn't know anything about computers.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Please send him the messages that I sent to you originally.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Tech Support Specialist: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

What I could do is point you toward some appropriate options at Amazon or Best Buy.

Can you tell me what you normally do with your computer? What is it usually used for?

I originally got in touch with the Dell Company. I have no idea how I ended up with you. I was hoping that Dell could find something for me ,even one they had refurbished. I need to get back to Dell some how. I'm hoping you will not be charging me.
Chris I have nothing to be fixed. I was just looking to buy a computer from Dell.

This is JustAnswer.com, a service that matches up customers with questions or issues with Experts who can assist them. It looks you've used the service in the past, which is probably how you got back here.

I could assist you with finding a machine, whether through Dell or another manufacturer. But if you'd like me to send the question over to customer service then they can close it out for you.

Do I have to pay for nothing ? Actually, I will not.

I mentioned that I could assist you in finding a computer that will suit your needs.

Or, alternatively, I can send your question to customer service for a refund.

Let's do the refund. o.k. ?

Okay, I will send your question over to customer service. Have a good day.

Man ! It's too late for that now. Thanks any ways. I know it's not your fault.