I received a pop up saying the message was from microsoft…

Customer Question
I received a pop...

I received a pop up saying the message was from microsoft and I needed to call. That my computer was infected. I would like to speak to someone on the phone.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pop?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pop? What have you tried so far?

It started today. I called and spoke with the person on the phone and they said it could be fixed. They were in my computer and I made a payment. Then I stop payment. Everything started sounding like a scam. I disconnected the computer. Called credit card and let them know about fraud.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just need my computer fixed and a firewall.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/20/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

They are a scam. They normally do nothing other the install there program, and the pop-up you saw was an advertisment designed to look like a warning from your browser/computer.

Windows 10 has defender already, but if you'd like to protect yourself from adwares like these, then i'd recommend adblocker on your browser and an adwcleaner scan.

Can I speak to someone live on the phone.

I am a live person. You can just ask me anything here.

You are charging $5.00 + $31.00 and I cant speak to anyone. Then charge me another $39. Never mind cancell the whole transaction. I am unhappy with results. I will have to talk to someone at the microsoft store in person.

No problem, but i can do a remote session for you without the extra $39.

If you still wish to cancel, you can by mailing***@******.***

If I agree what will that due.

Are you asking what the remote session will do?

I'll run adware cleaner and install adblocker.

You can do it too if you are tech savvy.

Im not. Will this block them from not being able to get into my computer. It is dusconnected now. They said my information is on the web. Email, password, ss #, etc.

They're lying to get you to buy protection or whatever they wanted to sell.

This will block those warning type misleading ads.

Let me know when you're ready for remote, ill send the link.

What about anything they installed while they were on my computer. They said 867 of my drivers were infected.

I'll have to see what they installed, if they installed anything suspicious will be removed.

Please connect me to your computer by clicking the link below and running the program

https://www.fastsupport.com/532485587

I should connect it. I will not be charged anything except for the $5 + $31

Correct.

Ok

Waiting for you to click the link and run the program so we can connect

I dont have code. Logged back in comp. Dont want hackers to get back on

Dont worry. they wont

Can you access www.fastsupport.com on the computer?

I cant get in with my password

Okay, i guess in that case it will be best for you to speak to an expert on phone so i will opt out and open the question to other experts.

Ok thank you
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.

Just to clarify the 5$ charge it is a deposit when you post a question with us, the full amount of the question value is charged when you receive a reply from an expert. justanswer service prices is more than fair and reasonable.

Secure remote assistance will be an additional service to the service you have already opted for.

PLEASE NOTE: You may see ADDITIONAL SERVICES offer which is automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. you may close the offer if you don't want to avail additional service, we can continue with the chat service you have opted for.

let me know your choice remote assistance or live chat walk throug