I tried to change my FB password. I made a mistake when I…

I tried to change...

I tried to change my FB password. I made a mistake when I typed the “old” password ***** my cheat notes. The six-digit reset code doesn’t come through my phone or email. Help!

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I thought I had security questions but am not getting that option. Two of my three account recovery friends are traveling. In. Other. Countries. Oy vey.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I’m a sixty-six year old grandmother who can’t recover the grandchildren’s pictures. But Russia seems to get anything they want. Please help if possible. Thank you.

3/20/2018
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the Facebook ID or Facebook email address? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.

Could you provide me the Facebook ID or Facebook email address? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This has become an expensive proposition with little response. Please tell me what you are already charging me. If I can’t get help, let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you available as indicated in the comment in the green space?

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. Thanks. I can’t afford this option.

You already paid for the service and you don't have to pay any extra money.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Facebook ID***@******.***

Do you have an access to your gmail account(*****@******.***)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I made an error when changing password. The six-digit code does not come through either by SMS or email. Two of my three account recover friends are out of the country at the moment. I can’t log-in.

Can I have the phone number which ends with 23?

Please check your phone for a text message with your code. Your code is 6 characters in length. If you haven't received any text message, please reboot your device.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m rebooting but I’ve tried this several times already to no avail.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No message after rebooting.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Karthik, the only reason I would agree to pay is to be able to retrieve photos on FB that I lost when my home was destroyed in a storm. I explained the process to the first agent assistant...couldn’t get text or email responses, etc. This seems to be a common problem when I Googled my issue. I appreciate your assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have to leave in fifteen minutes but have the mobile app. Are you still there?

I am sorry for the delay, We have waited for long time but you haven't got any code, In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I have to pick up my husband but will return soon. Will follow on mobile app. Thank you.
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

My name is***** you for your patience with this issue. Are you available to continue troubleshooting this with me?

Let me know if now, or another time today works better for you and I will do my best to accommodate that.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m in California, just getting up. I definitely want to get this resolved. It’s 6:49 am here. Perhaps 8:30 am would be better. Thank you.

Sure, let me know when you are available and we can work on this.

Thanks,

Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello, available to work with you now.

Great, I am going to try to send the activation code to your cell phone. Let me know when you receive it and the code you get.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jamie, I’ve tried countless times but once more can’t hurt.

Exactly, Just wanted to see if there was an issue with the code last time. Let me know if you get one. I just submitted it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Thanks.

Do you have an alternate phone number, or alternate email address that you currently have access to that I can have FB re-route the reset to? It gives me the option to re-route to a new number or a new email.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Re-route to***@******.***.

OK, all set with that email. Now it is asking for your trusted contacts. I attached an image of what I see on my end.
It is asking me for a Full Name of one of your trusted contacts. Are you able to give me that to proceed?
-Jamie

Or if it easier for you, I can give you the link to where I am at and you can continue on your end. Since it looks like the trusted contacts will need to verify you and give you a code. Let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
One of them is out of the country and out of reach.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I explained all of this before purchasing JustAnswer.com.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As of yesterday, two are not out of the country.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you send the link, I can try to reach them. But, if not, what other option is available? Code generator?

OK, sorry about that. Those options are the only way that FB will allow the reset.
1) Cell phone code - which you never received
2) Email contact - which you are not able to retrieve
3) Alternate email with contacts - contacts are unreachable

Have you went through the steps of resetting your gmail password ***** that you can receive this code?

Do you want me to send the instructions for that to you to try now?

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How can I reset it if I can’t access FB?

You can reset your gmail mail email password ***** gmail. They are two different accounts.
Try these steps for me to see if you can get back into your***@******.***

1) Go to this website: https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/recoveryidentifier?flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLogin
2) Enter your email and click next
3) Follow steps to reset email password

once you do this, then I can have FB send the FB reset code to your email address and it will allow us to finally chance the FB password.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok...thanks

Sure, let me know how it goes, or if you run into an issue.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Google says I’m now logged in
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also I’m working on a MacBook Pro. There is an issue with the OS and updates to Internet Accounts. I checked there. Shouldn’t be an issue with FB, according to customer support.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will just need to add the new password ***** re-connected.

Awesome, that is good. Now that you are in google I will send the reset code to you there. Let me know if you get it.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Crossing my fingers

Any luck with the code in your Gmail inbox yet?

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still no. Is there no way to have it sent to my***@******.*** address?

Darn, no in order to send to that address, we need to go through the three trusted contacts unfortunately.

-Jamie

Try this for me. Go to FB: https://www.facebook.com
Enter your gmail address, then hit "Forgot Account?"
Then select the first option to "User my google account"
It should pop up a window and have you log back into gmail. Then follow those steps.

Let me know if this gets you further.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I selected “Forgot Account”, I don’t get “Use Google Account” as an option.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I select “send code” nothing happens. Sheesh. Russia can get anything and I can’t get my grandkids pictures.

I am not sure why the send code feature is not working. I do get the Use Google Account option.
I can try it from my end, but would need you to provide me with your new google account password.
Or we can start a remote session and do it that way if you would like.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Whichever you prefer...

I will send you the offer for remote support since that is more secure. That way we can do it all from your PC, plus the chat on remote support is not on the internet.
If that doesnt work for you and you feel comfortable putting your password ***** that is fine. But, we will want to change your password ***** soon as we get everything reconnected.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let’s remote.

Well, looks like it wont allow me to imitate a new request since the previous tech sent one.
On your end, you should see an option for Secure remote assistance. Go ahead and select that, and that should allow me to connect to you.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Be warned...I’m cleaning my system and have a boatload of files on my desktop that I’m checking before trashing.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve already paid for remote assistance (yesterday).

I see, that is why it wont allow us to. Ok, I am going to go around the system and get that link to you so we can get this resolved.

-Jamie

Please use this link to start remote assistance

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=22df4ac7-0f0f-4f7e-ab73-7128d063182c

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That link is a Microsoft file and won’t open on Mac OS

Wow, odd usually it will detect and give the correct client version.
Give this one a try. If this doesn't work I have another option in my back pocket we can try.

New remote link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=22df4ac7-0f0f-4f7e-ab73-7128d063182c&Type=Java

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got this message:
“Elsinore.ScreenConnect.ClientBootstrap.jnlp” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and Identified developers.

Ok we are getting somewhere now. That is good.
Go ahead and click on the Apple icon in the top right corner. Then select Security preferences. You should see a spot where you can allow access for this program.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I have to update Java?

You shouldn't have to, but it wont harm anything if you do. Did it prompt you to update Java?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Says I’m out of date.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looks like I have to update

OK, then it is going to make you update to run the software. Go ahead and update, then try the process again.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now I’m getting “Application blocked by Java Security”. Now I have to add to the Java Exception Site List. Is this anywhere close to safe?

That is fine to so as well. The MAC's have a few layers of security to help prevent anyone from getting into the machine via a virus type infection. You can add the exception.
If you would rather use a different program that does not need Java we can use this piece of software:
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac/

I would just need you to run the install on that and let me know the ID it gives you.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s downloading.

Ok, you may get the security prompt on this one like you originally did for the other application. But this one does not use java so you wont get the security exception issue.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Installing the .dmg file
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should be running...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I completed the permissions, etc.

Great, you should see a pop up that has you ID number showing. Can you let me know those digits. I need those to connect from my end.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I get a “Installation Successful” at the end but no pop-up or prompt.
Got IT!!!
744 228 268
Password: t1xz98

Thanks, ***** ***** now.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey...did we disconnect?

Connected with client. We tried many avenues of reset but were unable to get the email or sms messages for recovery. Also reset both Gmail account for recovery without success. Provided link for FB contact form to have FB support work on this issues, since Contact recovery is not an option at the moment.

Have a great day
If you enjoyed my service please rate me 5 Stars!

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will, Jamie. You made every effort, were professional and polite. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Rated...5 stars
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hi Jamie, in response to the email, I do have a question but we are having so much fun with taxes today, I will write tomorrow!Thanks,
Celeste Bracewell

I know how that goes. Sounds good, talk soon.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Hello Jamie, I tracked down both of my traveling friends, got the codes. FB recognized me and asked me to enter new password. Did it. See attached for next request. Tried three times to the new me.com address I entered. Never got the link. I see no reasons my email would block unless, with all of FB’s updates, a setting has changed within the app. Since I can’t access, I can’t check this. Any thoughts?

Hi Celeste,

That is a good start. Have you checked the "other" folders under your email account to see if it got routed there as spam or junk?
I know with gmail there is a junk folder, as well as a tab called "Promotions" and once called "Social" I know that a lot of Facebook stuff gets trapped there. Any luck with those folders?

Let me know.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It was sent (3 of 4 times now) to my me.com address. Not in the Junk folder.

Wow, I am not sure why it wouldnt go there. Unless the @me.com address is blocking it as spam before it even gets to you. Who hosts that email address for you? Do you have a contact there that you can ask if that email is being blocked by a filter before it gets to you?

Did you ever receive anything back from that form you filled out with FB either?

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Have had no response from Facebook. Wow, was I
surprised. <eye roll>. This is my Apple email, cloud-based. No filters on my end. I will ask Apple.
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer