Licence renewal. Dell Inspiron E1505 Windows 7. Got call…

Customer Question
Licence renewal Technician's Assistant:...

Licence renewal

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell Inspiron E1505 Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Got call saying licence key has expired and to call

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
3/20/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. This call was a scam.

No legitimate company would ever contact you this way. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues. If you get the call again just hang up and do not call the number, the calls will stop eventually. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist