Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have an old computer with Windows 10 Home loaded. I keep

Customer Question

I have an old computer with Windows 10 Home loaded. I keep receiving windows updates that do not work on my computer. How can I stop the automatic updates?
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer?
Customer: It is a Gateway desktop. Not sure of model.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Gateway? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This happened once before several months ago. I called Microsoft tech support and the tech took control of my computer and did a bunch of stuff and my understanding was that I would not get updates any longer. I am in the same situation now. Once the update starts to load he computer becomes inoperative with just a blue screen and a warning not to turn it off.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to be able to use the computer. I am not a gamer or a video watcher. I just use for communication and personal needs.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

When the updates fail, are you given any explanation as to why they are failing or does it simply fail?