I have an old computer with Windows 10 Home loaded. I keep…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old computer with Windows 10 Home loaded. I keep receiving windows updates that do not work on my computer. How can I stop the automatic updates?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

It is a Gateway desktop. Not sure of model.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Gateway? What have you tried so far?

This happened once before several months ago. I called Microsoft tech support and the tech took control of my computer and did a bunch of stuff and my understanding was that I would not get updates any longer. I am in the same situation now. Once the update starts to load he computer becomes inoperative with just a blue screen and a warning not to turn it off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to be able to use the computer. I am not a gamer or a video watcher. I just use for communication and personal needs.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/20/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 3 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

When the updates fail, are you given any explanation as to why they are failing or does it simply fail?