My computer crashed and I have a new computer. My computer…

My computer crashed and...

My computer crashed and I have a new computer. My computer man exported my files to new computer. My pictures in Picassa are out of order and in the order they were originally imputed. I have spent hundreds of hours editing them. How do I restore the pictures on my new computer to Picassa so that I see the same folder with pictures in proper order that was in Picassa on my old computer?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Old computer was an HP. New computer is a Dell laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Dell?

Inspriron 15 5000 series

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

Picassa was installed on new computer

3/20/2018
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

I'm happy to help fix this. Would you like to do the remote service so i can see and fix this issue OR would you like to tell me more over chat and I can give you some options to try?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'd like options I can try. I don't allow remote access for security reasons

Sure, so let me understand exactly what you want to fix here so I can best illustrate the options available. Can you tell me?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As stated in my question, I want to be able to view in Picasa on my new computer the pictures that were on my old computer in the same order. Some how I will need to extract from old computer the pictures as displayed there in Picasa when I clicked on a folder, not in the order entered in batches from various sources i.e. camera, I phone et al. I edited in Picasa folder so the pictures were in the ordered I wanted them.

Sure, okay, so the first question is, what decided the order of the pictures on the previous computer? Was it based on date, size, customized?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was based on the date I took the pictures from either my camera, I phone or disc of trip. I moved the pictures in Picasa from those sources to proper day and then within that day put them in the right chronological time of that day.

Okay, then there should be 2 types of settings that can be modified here to complete your request. You would either need to be able to SORT by date in Windows folder that the pictures are saved into OR within Picasa. Do you know what version of Picasa you're using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Since it was installed within last couple of days. Assume it is latest version. Think it is 3

Okay. Let me check on the instructions for this. One moment

Try this please and let me know the results:

1. Launch Picasa on your computer and wait for all of the folders and photos to load.

2. Click "View" in the Picasa menu bar. Hover your mouse pointer over "Folder View" and select "Flat Folder View."

3. Click "View" in the Picasa menu bar, hover your mouse pointer over "Folder View," and select "Sort by Creation Date." This sorts your folders by the years in which you created the folders.

4. Click any folder to display its photos. Click "Folder" in the menu bar, hover your mouse pointer over "Sort By," and choose "Date" to sort the photos in the folder by date.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok. I think I will need to somehow take a snap shot of pictures in proper order within Picasa as displayed on old computer and then export that snap shot to Picasa in new computer. Hope there is computer program or Picasa instructions that tell me how to do that.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also old computer won't come on an display anything so can use old pictures there as a guide.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll try your suggestion. How do I get back to you if it doesn't work?

There's another thing you need to do to. Go to where the pictures are on your computer, highlight them all, and do SORT BY DATE. Then try deleting them in Picasa and re-uploading them. That might import them based on date instead. Can you try that?

Just post back on this chat and I'll get an e-mail if I'm off-line and come back to reply ASAP. Also, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars below before you go as well. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried first suggestion. All pictures from camera on in order, but pictures from I phone are at bottom of folder and not woven into the camera pictures. Will your second suggestion do that? I'm a little nervous about deleting.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still issue is in importing pictures from old computer re snap shot comment above.

I see. Now if your old computer doesn't turn on, you could remove your hard drive and use an adapter (around $10) to make that hard drive act as a USB jump drive to your new computer. If you did that, you could re-import your pictures from the old hard drive and should be good to go that way. Would you like to try that instead? It will use your old hard drive, so the order would be intact already

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm going to try that. My computer man has my old hard drive so he will try your suggestion.

Let me know if that answers your questions or if you have anymore and I'll be happy to help. Also, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars below when we're finished. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's it for me. I'm leaving town for a few weeks and my computer man is going to try your last suggestion while I'm gone.

Sure! Please remember to rate before you leave

Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S.