How do I get my phone contacts. G4. A few days. I changed my…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get my phone contacts

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

G4

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

A few days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I changed my phone number with in the last week

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/20/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Ugo A
Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer

Good afternoon,

My name is***** reading your issue, can you tell me whether you stored your phone contacts in Google cloud, SIM card or phone ?

As of right now, I'm suspecting SIM card because the only thing that you've done differently (to my knowledge) is change your cell phone number which typically requires you to swap out your SIM card.

So at this point, you might have to:

1) temporarily switch to your old SIM card

2) use an app to download your contacts onto your phone from the old SIM card --> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sparrow.peter.simcardmanager

3) put in your new SIM card so that you can receive calls on your phone again

I would also create a back of these contacts to Google cloud so that you don't lose all of your contacts if you lose your phone.

Please let me know if this solves your issue. Thanks.