It will not turn on. We have had it since January and it has…

It will not turn...

It will not turn on. We have had it since January and it has had this problem since day one. The screen reads "Error 1962: No operating system found. Boot sequence will automatically repeat. "

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

All in one computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Lenovo ideacentre aio 520-241kl

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your IdeaCentre? What have you tried so far?

For a few weeks/months. Usually doing a hard shutdown and restart will fix it but that hasn't worked for the past few days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Think that covers it

3/20/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please disconnect the power cable then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me if it then starts correctly please

Thank you

No it does not start correctly
It is still showing error 1962: no operating system found. Boot system will automatically repeat

Thanks

Disconnect everything from the computer and only connect the power cable

then power it on

Tell me what then happens please

Error 1962 pops up again

Thanks

It is the internal hard drive that has faulted, this confirms it

It cannot detect the hard drive and this is why it says there is no operating system found.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the computer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

It did nothing for me

Thanks, ***** ***** did not send, sorry about that and the delay, I repeat it below

It is the internal hard drive that has faulted, it cannot see it and why it gives the error about no operating system (the hard drive stores this)

Thank you

Thank you very much

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Will I need to send it to Lenovo or the place we bought it from?

The place you purchased it from, they will handle the repair for you

Do you know if we to send to the company that made it or the place we bought the computer

The place you purchased the computer from.

Let me know if you need anything else and I kindly ask you rate my service please via the stars at the top then submit else I receive nothing for the service

Richard, Computer Specialist