I keep getting a message stating I have a Microsoft Account…

I keep getting a...

I keep getting a message stating I have a Microsoft Account Problem. Message is "We need to fix your Microsoft account (most likely your password *****). Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My Lenovo desk top

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Without digging into the file box, it is the all in one, no tower

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Lenovo? What have you tried so far?

It has been about three weeks since it started, I have done nothing as I thought it was not the way Microsoft normally handled problems.

3/20/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please in which program you are seeing this?

Please let me know

Thank you

It shows up is notifications which are displayed on the right side of the home screen when I log on to Windows 10 but never appears when I go to mail.

ok, it looks to be for the underlying mail account, when you click on the notification, where does it take you to?

I think I have spent enough and got nothing. I will take my PC to a local shop. Goodbye!

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

A shop will be 10 times the cost of here

From the beginning I questioned the notification as being valid and have never clicked on it.

Is it a popup in a web browser or just within windows

Click it, and tell me what you see but do not provide any information to it

It is no longer there. When I clear all notifications it goes away and then a day or two it is back. This has happened about 8 to 10 times and I finally thought I needed to get the question answered. Is this a valid notification from MS or spam.

Microsoft will complain in this way with the wording you gave, so it looks to be valid but it will show up on the bottom right, is that were you see it?

I see it in the pop-ups that appear when you click on the notification icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen, along with other recent e-mails. The e-mails are also in my inbox when l go to mail, but the notifications is question are not.

Ok, it is a real notification, it is not a fake message.

You need to click it and enter in the information windows asks, when it next shows

Thank you for confirming it is a real request. I will take the necessary action in the future.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Computer Specialist