I synced my doorbell wth my phone, but doorbell and camera…

Customer Question
I synced my doorbell...

I synced my doorbell wth my phone, but doorbell and camera aren't working. I have a black screen for the camera, and no voice connection

Technician's Assistant: Did you download all the necessary software to connect your camera to your computer (e.g. Canon EOS Utility)? Is your software the latest version?

I scanned the symbol on the instructions, I have a jpex7 Samsung galaxy phone

Technician's Assistant: If you are using a USB cable, are you using the one that came with your camera or an aftermarket one?

No cable for my phone just a charger.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
3/20/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sergil Cave, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
Sergil Cave
Sergil Cave, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I have been assigned to your case. What is the name of the application that you are using to sync your doorbell with your phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know, I scanned the symbol from the instructions booklet and synced it with my Wi-Fi netgear

Does the instruction booklet have a model number or something similar on it? What does it say on the first cover of the instruction booklet?

Hello?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
DIGOO
Smart Video Doorbell
User Manual

Ah okay thank you. Now on your Samsung Galaxy phone, do you have the Smart Video Doorbell app installed? If not then you need to get it from the Google Play Store.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I didn't think I need to since the instructions gave me a choice to download using the scanner or downloading an app from the playstore
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It never said I had to do both

Yeah according to the instructions I read, you need the app to sync with the smart video doorbell before use. So that we are looking at the same instructions, does it have a model number anywhere on the instructions?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Its going to be tough to help without the model number, however every instruction that I saw states that you need to download/install the Smart Video Doorbell app to sync the camera with your phone

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did downl

Okay great, do you have the app on your home screen on your phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did download the app using the scanner
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I scanned the symbol and it downloaded the app.

Okay cool, after you installed the app did you go through the sync procedures like this video shows --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQRNyKJjQ5I

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did and was able to install it ok but I never got the camera to work or the speaker to work. I had the screen which showed the speaker button on the bottom half and the camera screen on the top had but it was all black.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have to leave for a while. I'm a School Crossing Guard and have to go. I'll be back around 4pm

Okay, it sounds like the camera is either not communicating on the wireless network or your phone is not. Is your phone at least connected to your wireless network?

Hello?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm thinking maybe the doorbell is defective.

Did you get any error's when you tried to sync the two?

The Doorbell camera and the phone I mean

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, and no

Okay let me see if I can do some further research. Does your camera look like the one at this link --> http://www.mydigoo.com/Digoo-SB-XYZ-Wireless-Bluetooth-and-WIFI-Smart-Home-HD-Video-DoorBell-Camera-Phone-Ring-p-36.html

Also on the actual device, what color is the bell logo? Is it blue or red?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it blinks blue and then red. But when it works properly, it blinks blue with the chime.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that is the doorbell I have.

Okay thank you for that. From what I read if the blue light is blinking then there is still more setup that needs to be done. Have you went through the steps to have it connect to your wireless network. It should have prompted you to put in your wireless network password?

Also make sure that your bluetooth is turned on and enabled on your phone if you havent checked that already.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When you turn on and press the doorbell the blue light blinks until the red light blinks, if you had watched the video you would have seen that. My bluetooth is always on.

According to the video and the instructions the red light blinks until it syncs with your phone via bluetooth, once it is synced through bluetooth then the blue light blinks while it prompts you to put in your wireless network information. Once you put in your wireless network information and it's correct the blue light becomes stable. So are you saying that you went through putting in all of your wireless network information and it still didnt work? Has the blue light ever become stable?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
after the blinking red light went out and I got confirmation it was synced

Okay great but that only syncs it with the cell phone, you also need to add the camera to your wireless network. Did you perform those steps? Just trying to get an idea on what you already tried so I dont give you redundant solutions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was under the impression that when I downloaded the symbol with the app that everything was in there and it was only a matter of syncing the doorbell to my WiFi and Bluetooth

Well basically you have to connect the doorbell to your Wifi network in order for you to see any video or audio. If it is not connected to your wireless network, your phone is not going to be able to see it.

I am guessing the app never prompted you to put in your Wifi network information?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it did and I put in my WiFi and it confirmed. When I hit the camera image on my phone it takes me to a spli screen . The top half is a cameras screen which is black, the bottom half is a large button saying press to speak stop speaking when you stop but they don't connect to the doorbell from my phone

Okay so you did all the steps. You might be right you might have a defective version. A few other things that we can try, are you able to access your wireless router via a browser?

If you can then you can see if the doorbell device can be seen on the wireless network via the wireless router settings.

I will check and see if there is any updated firmware that you can download to fix this issue.

It dosent look like there is any firmware available for this product. Just so that you have it for reference or just in case you dont have it here is their support page --> http://www.mydigoo.com/customer_service.html

But the first thing I would like you to do is to see if your wireless router see's that its on the network. You can download an App in the Play store called Fing and it will show you every device that is currently communicating on your wireless network.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok,I'll try that

Okay let me know how it goes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I downloaded fing and it said my wifi was connected to the smart doorbell, so I downloaded the Digoo camera app but it wouldn't bjnd with the doorbell
Okay, now is Digoo camera app the same app you were using before?

It dosent seem like we are getting anywhere with the steps that I am helping you with so I will opt out and let another engineer help you out with this.

Andy, Computer Consultant