I need to download turbotax 2017. I have tried, you ask for…

Customer Question
I need to download...

I need to download turbotax 2017. I have tried, you ask for ID and password. then say you will send an email confirmation, but my email address has changed. I used Turbo Tax for several years by purchasing a CD but my new computer does not have a CD drive. Help!

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my laptop or I pad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, i am not too computer educated

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/20/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 3 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

It sounds like the TurboTxs website has the incorrect email on file for your account. Have you been able to log into the TurboTax website using your current or old email address?
Please try this website: https://myturbotax.intuit.com/
Let me know if you are able to get logged in and if it is with the old or new account. Then we can figure out how to update your email to get the confirmation you need.

-Jamie

no, my attempts have failed or I dont understand the instructions
are you still there?

I am still here, yes. Ok, would you like to do a remote session to share screens and I can see what you are working with?

-Jamie

no and now i find that you have charged me $30 for just answer which i did not want

Ok, that is fine we can continue troubleshooting this way. It would just make it easier if I could see the screen and work through it with you.

Can you try going to the website again, and choosing the option for "Forgot username or password" This way you can reset your password:

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

can you refund the $30.
i tried this again no luck
when i try, you say you will send an email to my old email address
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! Before we get started, it looks like you may be trying to reach another company. JustAnswer is a question and answer site and not affiliated with the company you are trying to reach. I am a certified technician and if you'd like to continue on JustAnswer, I will try my best to help you with your question. Otherwise, if you came here by mistake, let me know and the Customer Care team will reach out to you.