My son wants to up grade his computer. It isn't fast enough…

Customer Question
My son wants to...

My son wants to up grade his computer. It isn't fast enough for him. He is 10 yrs. old and has a Dell Inspiron P25T . Can the Processor be changed in this computer to make it faster?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Sorry I am not the most computer savy person. Where would I find this info.

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

We have not done anything to the original computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

His main use is his games. We have other computers in the house he can use for general use, although he may use this for that also.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

To check, you are referring to the Laptop version of this model correct?

Please let me know

Thanks,

Being a laptop there are no real upgrade possibilities sorry.

Everything is custom made to for the contour of the laptop, so other parts are not interchangeable. The video card, for instance, is integrated to the motherboard and there is no way to change or replace this. Other motherboards would not fit or work with the laptop. This is always the drawback with laptops, that they are near impossible to really upgrade.

This is why if you purchase a computer for a child it is always best to go with a desktop which is highly modifiable.

Would you like any advise on a desktop computer to get?

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you