Not this older one. Upstairs is a new computer with a Dell…

Not this older one...

Not this older one. Upstairs is a new computer with a Dell monitor I Just purchased.The monitor is totally black. II have checked all the cables . called Comcast and everything else is fine. This happened after a series of Windows updates.It is totally black. I cannot sign in.I have managed a couple of times to pull up the USB?VGA?DP THINGY, but it Check marked VGA and I cannot change it . I was following some directions for solving on line.The P/N is 2Y2W2 revA001. 0ther #is P2418HT and a # near the barcode is 746.A1T01.0001.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Monitor as shown above.

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have? And the version of Windows?

Windows 10 And Dell P2418HT and the other Dell Numbers I typed all in my original statement.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Did you bread my original message I typed it all out.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not know what else to say except I had a bunch of computer updates early so I never got back to the computer till later in the day.

3/20/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

an you please disconnect the power cable from the computer.

Then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me if it then works.

Let me know the results please

Thank you A black screen came up . HP is now doing a bunch of downloads. I will get back to you from that computer when it is done uploading and installing updates, unless it is working correctly, if I can do that. I am 86 yrs old and I do NOT run up and down the stairs...
I will wait and see if it is working.

Thank you, ***** ***** is starting it should be ok but please let me know the results

Richard, Computer Specialist