Not my computer. A Microsoft subcontractor called about a…

Not my computer. A...

Not my computer. A Microsoft subcontractor called about a refund clients are getting is this legitimate, I would appreciate your input.

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

I did!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Today 03-19-18 I can give you the phone # of the contractor.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Alcatel tracfone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Alcatel phone? What have you tried so far?

I just want clarification on this refund.

Technician's Assistant: You can email***@******.***. JustAnswer is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So if our Customer Care team can't address your issue, and it's been 30 days or less since you paid to ask your question, they will refund your money.

What is the charge.

Technician's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Smartphone Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Ok. I will try it.

3/20/2018
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. No, it is not legitimate. For any refund, Microsoft would send mail through the post office. Microsoft would never call you about any refund. (Also, Microsoft would never call you automatically about any computer issue. Whenever you have any computer issue, you would need to contact a support company yourself first.) Please always ignore any phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

For more information about this type of scams, please click on the website below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

- Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else today?

I have another issue, the person that called had control of my computer and started to ask about the name of my bank and other personal information. I took the telephone number of the caller 1-***-***-**** I hope this helps!

That is not a Microsoft phone number; it was a scam. In the future, please be careful.

Did the scammer install any program on your computer?

Does your computer have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

No.

Did you provide any of your information to the scammer?

What's the make / model of your computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

To protect your email account, can you please change your email password?

- Please answer all my questions above, so I can help you. Please let me know the make / model of your computer, so I can show you how to remove any bad program that the scammer may have installed on your computer. I can also connect remotely to your computer and remove any bad program directly for you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule a time. Thank you.

My computer is h/p HP S2031 I hope this works.
I do not have an email password ***** this company at this time.

What email do you use, such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Aol, etc.?

- Press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard then type rstrui then click OK. Then next, and restore the system to any date before this issue first occurred.

; (note: if the system restore does not work or is not available, then click on Start > Settings > Apps... then remove any new, strange program there.)

Thank you.