I lost or misplaced my Kindle. I have retrieved my music on…

I lost or misplaced...

I lost or misplaced my Kindle. I have retrieved my music on this laptop, but cannot access my books. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

I just got the music in the last few minutes. The last time I read from my Kindle was Wednesday of last week.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

Yes, I did, but it did not work I am not tech savvy, so maybe I have done something wrong.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that can think of.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you try to access your Kindle books on computer? Is there any error or message?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Windows 10, I guess. I am not at all comfortable with anything electronic except the Kindle. When I first logged on, I got part of my videos, which led me to believe NO PROBLEM. Then I went to music, and all was well; when I went tried to find the books, however, I was asked to log in again, and it like I had never had an account. As I said, I barely know what I am doing.

What's the error or message when you log in?

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/yb3r6g5j
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I don't remember. I just could not get the books.

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/yb3r6g5j
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Solution #1:

- Click on the website below:

https://read.amazon.com/

, and sign in your Amazon account if prompted. Then see if you can open /read your books there.

Solution #2:

- Download / install the Kindle for PC program at the website below:

https://www.amazon.com/kindlepcdownload/

, then open the Kindle program, and sign in your Amazon account, then see if you can read your books.

- Are you still there?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule another time. Thank you.

All I needed to know was if and how if I could get all the books crom my Kindle onto the laptop.Forty-four dollars later and requests for additional dollar.
Classes I teach. I am certain there are other e readers just as good.
Thank you

Have you tried any of my solutions above? Is there any error or message?

Do you also have an Android tablet or iPad tablet or Android smartphone or iPhone?

Please let me know. Thank you.