My son, Dodson, died on MArch 9 and I need to access his…

Customer Question
My son, Andrew Dodson...

My son, Andrew Dodson, died on MArch 9 and I need to access his account for the Police. I know his Username but not the password. How do I do this?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Droid Maxx

Technician's Assistant: How old is your DROID?

He got it less than a year ago. It's a Verizon phone.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your DROID?

It's still in the Police's possession. They have tried the few passwords we thought he might use without success

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/20/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

If you have the username and password, you should then be able to sign into your account, what happens when you do?

Please let me know

Thank you

I don't have the password, that's the problem.

Thanks

Can you tell me please the part of the email address after the @ symbol?

gmail.com

Thanks

Use this link to go through the process to reset the password

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

Once done, use the new password ***** sign into the account

Let me know please how you go

Thank you

Won't the password ***** go to the cellphone to which I don't have access?
I need to get to someone at Google who can tell me what to do in the event of a death of an account holder and how to access the account history. It's not as simple as it may appear.

It depends on which recovery options were set on the account. Emails, multiple phones ect can be used, when you go through the process you will see this

I could have done this without spending $50. This has been no help to me, how do I get a refund?