Just bought new Dell computer. My old (ax.8 y/o) HP was

Just bought new Dell...

Just bought new Dell computer. My old (ax.8 y/o) HP was failing. I am using a legit. version of Word but am not able to transfer it to my new computer. How do I do this?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

How do I transfer a legit. copy of Word to a new computer? Thanks, Bob

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks, Bob

3/20/2018
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Don't you have an installation disk of the MS Office?
No. It was part of a family package that my son in law bought and he can not find the disks.Jins, I am having email problems. How can I get in touch with you later tonight or tomorrow. Bob

Please let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for support. Then I can fix a time suitable for both of us.

Time zone is EDT. Any time between 10 AM and 10 PM. I am here most of time. ob
Don't hear to well rather have email. Have to go out now. back about 4:30, if you want to call then. Bob

Okay, I am online now. Reply me when you are back and ready for remote session.

Jins, I recognize the MS code #. It is the one I put in put there. What do I do now? How does this help me move Office from the old HP to the new Dell? Steps? Bob

Good, then you need to install MS Office on your New Computer. When it asks for the code, put that code.

On your old computer, Open MS Word or any other Office program and let me know which version of Office is it. Like Office 2007, 2010, 2016, Office 365 etc. Then I can provide the download link for the same and you can download it on your new computer.

Jins, sorry to have missed you today by abt. 4-5 min. I will be out of town Thursday between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM. The old computer has Office 2007 installed. I'll try the download but the computers are not connected? Bob

Come online from your New computer. I will remotely connect to it and install Office 2007 on it.

Jins, I am on line now. What's next? Bob
Jin's, not sure message got thru. Am on line now. Bob

On your new computer PLEASE CLICK HERE. You will get open a Justanswer window. Click on the green I Agree button. You will be prompted to download a small program named Elsinore Screen Connect Client. Download and Run it. Then I will able to connect to your computer and work on it to resolve the issue.

Thanks Jins

Please rate my service with a positive rating. Then only I will get paid for my time and efforts. Please take time to leave a good review about my service. A good bonus will make me happier. Remember me, when you need any assistance again. Your business is very valuable for us. You can ask a question directly to me by going to http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-jinsmn/

Regards
Jins

Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist