I just purchased a Brother MFC-913)OCW Wireless printer. I…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a Brother MFC-913)OCW Wireless printer. I took my ASUS laptop with me to make sure that I purchased a printer that would be compatible with my laptop. The Geek Squad person said it would be no problem, but I am having doubts after looking at the ASUS website. I purchased the laptop 3/14/2016.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Asus?

It is a SonicMaster. Where do I find the operating system?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Asus? Have you installed any updates recently?

No, I haven't.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I haven't tried anything relative to the printer, because the printer will be set up by a Geek Squad technician on 3/27 in my home. Right now the printer is awaiting her or his arrival. Until then it is still in the box. It is quite heavy, so I haven't tried to bring it up until the tech person comes on the 27th, and he or she will bring it up.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/19/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 3 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. First, try clicking on start in the bottom left corner and go to "My Computer" or "computer" or "This-PC" depending on which version of Windows you have. This will open the screen that will tell you what version of Windows you have. Also, usually laptops often have a sticker on the underside of them that will tell you the version of Windows, etc.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert